Sunday 3 April 2011

mother's day gift



It is a stunningly beautiful morning.
I woke up to the crystals in my window sparkling rainbows round the room.
The sky outside was cloudless
Time to leap out of bed, get dressed,open the curtains downstairs to let all the light in.
Open the door into the conservatory, to let the sun storing up in there warm the rest of the house.
Get my lime green, knee high wellies on and get out there, across the school to the back field. Take Trix off the lead, and whilst she bounds around squeaking her ball, (Which funnily enough when she's walking to the field she doesn't squeak at all! Weird that!) I get on admiring the state of the burgeoning leaves. Another couple of days and the cherry blossom will be out. The hawthorn is already full of blossom as is the plum tree across the road.
Back home to be welcomed to Mother's Day, from the comfort of his bed I might add! No breakfast made for me, he's far too happy with his new girlfriend for that.
But I don't mind, I'm happy that he is happy.
He has owned what he has put me through in the last couple of years, and now at 20 he is in a job, has money, has a girlfriend who is as bright as he is and great fun.
And no amount of chocs or flowers could make me as happy as that.
To not have stress and worry about my youngest, now that's what I call a Mother's Day gift.

14 comments:

Merry ME said...

Amen, Sister!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that dear Mandy! Wishing you a warm and wonderful day with those you love.

Helen said...

... and you so deserve this happy day! I am thrilled with your update. Enjoy!!!!

Mel said...

Bless his heart.
I'm proud of him.....and for him.
And for you.

Happy Mother's Day, byrdie.

(((((((( the byrdie ))))))))

e said...

So glad to hear things are better for all. Happy Mother's Day!

Miss Robyn said...

yep. know exactly what you mean xo
hope you made yourself something yummy for breakfast :)

Lyn said...

You have the right attitude Mandy. Glad your day was a good one. Happy Mom's Day Mandy.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely!
(((HUGS))))

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Gorgeous blossom photos. Happy Mother's Day, your son happy and settled is the best [resent you could have. i am happy for you all.
I have to wait another month for Mother's Day in NZ.

Zan said...

A wonderful mother's day gift indeed, and I hope it'll last as you both deserve it.

xx

Kolley Kibber said...

Yes, that'll do, won't it? Well done, you, and him.

Sebab said...

Beautiful pictures!

diney said...

You are right - his happiness and acknowledgement are the best possible mother's day gifts. That's all we really want from your children - for them to find happiness.

bodylift said...

Really awesome images. I am really surprised with it. I can say this is the best mother's day gift.