Thursday, 28 October 2010
Let's hear it for my blog world
I got an award,yeah!
The wonderful Nicky gave me this at Absolute Vanilla ( would do a link, but can't!)
This is given to people who write from the heart and of course I'm meant to hand it on. But with all these things I think that's too onerous to land on anyone. So if you want to do it, please feel free.
I have to write 10 honest things about myself. And since I feel in the last three and a half years I've put more information out about me than anyone really wants to know I thought I'd do it from a blogging perspective.
1. I was introduced to blogging by a man I was going out with who I loved deeply, who dumped me a week after setting my first blog Pradapixie up, and so I instead of the writing I thought I'd be doing, I ended up dealing with my broken heart. He has recently got married to the woman he left me for.
2. The first person who commented on my blog was Trousers. We met up a couple of years ago now and he and I go on huge walks several times a year where we put the world to rights. Can't wait till Saturday, don't forget the chocolate cause I've got some hill for us to climb!!!
3. I've had several blogging parties where I invited people I'd never met to visit. The first one ended up being four of us and we got through 6 bottles of champagne, 1 bottle of red and some beer in the evening.
4. I had a short affair with a blogger. We'd travel to opposite ends of the country to spend weekends together for a while. He is also now married!
5. On a visit to see my best friend in Philly in 2008 I hired a car and drove 7 hours to go and meet and stay with Sorrow (who no longer blogs) for three days.
6. In 2009 I went to Usedom in Germany to meet and stay with Angela for a few days.
7. I once had an encounter at Piccadilly Station in Manchester with a fellow blogger, who was passing through from Scotland to Bristol. Not a good experience.
8. I've met and stayed friends with and do lunch with bloggers who live up near Liverpool and in Somerset.
9. I talk every week, if not more, to Paula in Munich, we are really good friends, even though we have yet to meet. Which is going to be remedied next year, when I go over to the USA to meet her.
10. Nicky (who awarded me this) and her husband are going out to dinner with me in London in a few weeks time, when they are over from South Africa. It will be the second time we have met.
11. (I know I'm cheating, this is more than ten) I have a good friendship with Robyn in Australia and we listen to each others stuff when it gets tough going. And I really hope that one day she gets to go to Cornwall to trace her routes, as I'll be waiting to meet her.
12. Blogging has changed my life. For three and half years it has been my confidante. It has allowed me to make real and genuine friendships all over the world, without which I'd never have made the connections. It has kept me sane during the bad times. Held my hand when it was tough. Sent hugs and support across the waves when I've been lonely.It is for me a wonderful place, even though sometimes I've found it difficult when I've hooked into my childhood insecurities.
13. I don't blog as much as I used to, as nowadays I do have more of a life in the real world, something for a long time I didn't have. I do however, go on my photography blog everyday, Beautiful World and post there.
14. I am the person I am today because I have grown and have done so here. So my sense of peace has come about because of what I have written over the years. Best therapy I could ever have had!!!