Wednesday, 26 August 2009
An award for me
I got an award, well actually that's not strictly accurate, cause I've got about 7 and I'm useless at doing anything with them. So please accept my apologies if you've ever been kind enough to give me an award and have never seen it out on the shelf when you've popped round since. They are all being kept under lock and key in the cupboard under the stairs, where I can get them out and polish them occasionally.
Anyway, this award is the usual routine I say certain things about me, little known facts and I hand it over to 7 people.
More importantly I thank Nicky for giving me this award and thinking my writing was good enough compared to hers to receive such an honour.
So, as in all these things I'm going to not do as I'm told, and not put out all the proper instructions, which means you'll have to go check out Absolute Vanilla, Nicky's blog to do as you are told.
I would like to give this to Merry Me, cause her journey is being written out for all to see.
For Paula, Gin and Speck of Dust, cause they are coping the best they can with what life is throwing at them right now.
For Helen, who is turning her life round cause she can.
For Janis, so she can know she's not alone when it's tough going
For Pam, because she can bounce all over it.
So here are 7 things about me;
1. I nearly died in a fire, on a canal boat in a tunnel one mile long when I was 19.
2. I've been round the East Wing of the White House.
3. I've ridden on an elephant in Sri Lanka
4. I got engaged 10 days after meeting my first husband and married after 7 months
5. I spent three months on an oil tanker going from Italy to Canada, where I got off for a day trip and back to Sicily
6. I saw a great blue whale in the Gulf Stream from the top of the super tanker. And didn't realise it was as big as it was, till I saw a life size model years later in the Natural history museum.
7. My second marriage lasted FIVE weeks, but took two years to get divorced.
8. Outside of crisis that may happen, I'm happier now than I ever have been at any time in my life.
9. I own a diary written by my Grandfather when he was on the Somme.
10.I can't count!!!!
and 11. This is my house.... do you wanna buy it?