Thursday 27 January 2011

HEADLINE.... read all about it, time stolen!


I do really want to apologise for not getting round to blogging or getting to anyone elses blog to leave comments.
I've got two big tasks on.
The first is knitting in every spare moment I have. I started making my gorgeous niece a mohair jumper back in early November ready for Christmas...... Right that worked then. It was her birthday last Monday and it's still not done. I get to see her a week on Friday and it's got to be done for then, or else! Didn't help that I had to undo half of it so am now re-knitting.
And the second is not having a moment to breath with work stuff, most of it unpaid,but hopefully leading to some paid in a few months. So whilst I'm running round like a headless chicken the professional reading I've got to do is getting neglected. And if I want to be paid that's got to be read in preparation for the document I've been asked to produce.
And on and on and on......
So I thought for a little while at least I'll just put some photos up and write words when I have time.

13 comments:

trousers said...

Fair enough - hope you get it all sorted. Nice to get an update, and I'm looking forward to catching up soon x

Angela said...

That`s fine with us, Mandy. I think we here in winterland are all a bit lazy anyway and don`t get around to blogging much. You do sound busy, though! We want a picture of the finished jumper! And good luck with your new job. May it be paid wonderfully.

Miss Robyn said...

life is hectic here too.. and I owe you an reply email which *sigh* oneday soon, when my son goes home.. I will sit down and write a newsy lovely letter[email].. love you Pix xoxo

Lyn said...

Good to know all is well - albeit a little busy - with you!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I just thought about you yesterday! Happy knitting and good luck :)

nitebyrd said...

No worries, Byrd! I'll still be here. Do take some time to relax even if it's just a little bit.

The flower picture is GORGEOUS!

Please post a picture of the jumper when you finish. And may you be paid all you are worth, which is A LOT!!!

Merry ME said...

My experience has been that headless chickens rarely need another excuse!

Beautiful blue flowers!

janis said...

Miss you, but totally understand. We all get busy. That is a good thing. Good luck getting it done, & dont forget to let us see the finished product.

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Take your time, get your ducks in a row, then enjoy some quiet time and we will see you soon!

Mel said...

My experience has been that headless chickens rarely need another excuse!

*laughing*

I love how ME put it!

((((((((( the byrdie ))))))))))

....from another headless chicken.

>:>

(oh......there's that head! LOLOL)

LindyLouMac said...

What is it about January, I have read a number of posts in a similar vein today. I love the flowers in your header and over at BW :)

Paula said...

We are here. I feel it is very sweet and considerate that you took time out of your busy schedule to tell us. Love and hugs across the pond

cheshire wife said...

You always think in December that you will have loads of time to catch up with things in January but you never do.